At the age of 15 I couldn't deny my sexuality anymore. My testimony had grown over the years, but wasn't strong enough to out way the fear that the church brings to that repentance process. At that point, porn and masturbation were the extent of my sexual exploration. I got into a nightly routine of reading my scriptures, saying my prayers, and then jacking off. I felt like there was a balance there.
There were a couple of experiences that my Heavenly Father put in my path in the following years that, for me, were undeniable evidence of his existence, and his love for me.
Here is where my confusion comes in.
I believe that the LDS church is the most correct on the earth. I cannot deny the basic doctrines of the church. The First Vision, the Atonement of Christ, The Book of Mormon - all true.
As for the higher principles and practices of the church; I struggle with them.
Obviously my largest issue is with the church is their stance on homosexuality.
Here is my hope. The Church's views change over time. More importantly than that, sometimes when I ask what God would think, it's a different answer than when I ask what the Church would think. I have faith that the Church, being true, will change its views once more. The sooner, the better. Maybe this time the Church will be tolerant before the world has to pressure them into it.


Here is my hope. The Church's views change over time.
ReplyDeleteThose of us who have been around the block a time or two have seen the church's view change. There was a time when simply acknowledging that you are a homosexual was viewed as a sin. So, change will come - the big question is if we will live long enough to see it.
btw, welcome to the queerosphere. I added a link to your blog on my blog - I hope you don't mind.
Not at all! i totally appreciate the comment and appreciate the support... the more the merrier.
ReplyDeleteMaybe this time the Church will be tolerant before the world has to pressure them into it.
ReplyDeleteI want that to be the case, but my heart knows it's not.
I second Abelard's welcome! Good to have you here.
Hey Jim,
ReplyDeleteI'm enjoying your blog. Thanks for sharing, and nice to meet you.
-EJ