Real quick! I've gotten a few more questions since my last two posts. I'm not going to continue posting answers, but if any of you have questions that you want answered feel free to send an email! wak767@me.com
Thanks for your continued support and love.
So this week has be crazy! I kept trying to get registered for school because time was running out, but the system kept shutting me out. Days later, after LOTS of phone calls and a visit to the school I am officially registered! I'm excited for school because this is the first semester that my classes are specific to my major's focus. I get to take classes that I'm interested in and will help me down the road... I'm still trying to figure out how calculus will help me be a better psychologist.
Then I had car issues. The check-engine-light light came on about 2 months ago, but the car was working fine, so I did the irresponsible thing and ignored it. The problem now is that I need to re-register my car, and to do that I need to have it pass Emissions Testing, and to do that the check-engine-light has to be off. So I took my car to the mechanic, hoping that the repair would be cheap and quick. Are they ever cheap or quick?
It turns out my transmission (which every one that day called "your tranny". tee hee...) is busted.
Do you know how expensive that is? It would be more lucrative to just sell it for parts and buy a new car.
But wait! That's not all. Yesterday morning at work, a customer backed his truck up into my car destroying a door and denting a quarter panel. Actually, it turned out to be a pretty funny story, and no one was hurt. He has insurance, so it was the best-possible bad-situation.
On another note: I've said it again and again, but I know that my family (and others) are reading this blog and I wish they wouldn't. However, some good came of it this week. I mentioned last week that my brother and I haven't hung out since I came out. Well, that's changed! Yesterday he took me out to lunch on his dime. We had a real and genuine conversation. He wanted to know what was going on in my life and learn more about Todd. It was great to remember how close we used to be. He thought so too, apparently, because I got an email last night from him saying, "It was fun talking to you today." It was just a simple message, but had a profound effect on me.
Sorry this came out like a journal entry... I just had to get it all out.
Expect a good post soon.
Friday, August 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


The reason they make you take calculus to become a psychologist is they want to make sure you can derive your point home with your patients. :) Or, help your clients integrate better into their own lives... :) OK- I will officially stop. Good luck with classes and school!
ReplyDeleteGreat to hear about your chat and followup with your brother!
ReplyDelete