The fun of this summer has made it challenging for us bloggers to keep up to date.
So here are the things that have kept me busy this past week...
Salt River: Yes, it is disgustingly dirty and attracts all sorts of classy bitches. However, you cannot leave that place without a good story, tons of memories, and usually a pretty good tan. It was my good friend Tye's birthday and as per his request, we headed to the river early Friday morning.
We rode the whole stretch under constant cloud cover. No tan, but some trees scratched me up nicely.Restaurant Of Fire: Ok, so I'm totally a "The Office" fanatic (well not lately since the season ended abruptly and and the comedy has been lacking. But that is not the point of this post). There was this one episode where some of the characters go to Benihana. Since this episode I have been dying to see that Onion Volcano Magic in real life. IT FINALLY happened! Tye's birthday dinner was at a fancy Japanese restaurant. And when they brought out that onion, I almost pooped my pants in excitement. It was everything I imagined and more.
Bare: IT IS HERE!!! Back in December, Dallin exposed me to a little musical called "bare: a pop opera". I fell in love with it. I used to log on to his blog just to hear the music. Finally in February I broke down and bought the soundtrack. It became a little bit of an obsession for me. I wanted to know everything about this play. I've seen about ever YouTube video relating to it.
And now it is being produced HERE in the Valley Of The Sun. I've seen it twice already. I know some of the cast, and met the writer. I'll probably see it a couple more times before this run is up :)
Swimming: In all honesty, most of my recreation this summer has just been swimming. But seriously, in 110 degree weather, where else can you better enjoy your time?
Its been a pain though to go to family dinner and not be able to swim in my parents pool. They want to make sure none of the grand kids find out that I have a tattoo. I knew that was a risk when I got it, and I made the choice to get one anyway. I respect their rules and only go swimming if I'm wearing a shirt I don't mind getting wet.
However I have to wonder what the kids will think when they find out years from now that their parents and grandparents were trying to shield them from Uncle Austin's evil ink spot. I think they will realize how ridiculous it is. There just isn't very much logic behind it. It goes back to this.
Church: I forgot that Pioneer Day had been the Friday before. It was... interesting. However I did have to fight back the tears when we sang "Come Come Ye Saints." This is a perfect example of my retarded crying patterns. I cry when I have no idea why.
Visitors: Todd's cousin, David, came to visit. Finally. He brought Turtle with him, and we all were so happy he did. I hope she didn't feel marginalized being the only one that was not a Homo-momo. She was a complete and utter joy to have. David was pretty fun too ;)
I hope they enjoyed their stay!
The Baptism: My brother-in-law did it! He genuinely looked happy. I'm proud of him for doing what he felt was right even though there were lots of people in his life that tried to talk him out of it.
So that's about it. Although it's been fun, I'm hoping for a less eventful week to come. I might actually get registered for school if that happens.


Sounds like a great summer. I would be one of those slack bloggers! The office is the best! I have been trying to convince my friend to take a trip up to the Gold Coast since i found out its the only place in Australia with an "Asian Hooters" :-)
ReplyDeleteAlso thanks for the Musical Advice your a lifesaver mate!
Love the Salt River float, did it myself.
ReplyDeleteDon't worry about the kids and Uncle Austin's evil tattoo. They know a lot more than their parents think they do, and mum & dad are likely to find that out sometime. Including the fact that despite their best helicoptering sheltering efforts, the kids actually know about your ink spot and a lot of other more "questionable" things too. Oh the horror.
I love that Turtle gets a shout-out, and then I'm "pretty fun too." Bah. Why you gotta hate? :P I'm way funner than an after-thought!
ReplyDeleteI think your new boy is too big... scale him down!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you've been having fun.