Thursday, April 2, 2009

False Doctrine!

There is something magical that happens. It is a huge highlight for me. I even try to predict the day that it will occur. And it happens EVERY month.
No, I’m not talking about that creepy feminine phenomenon.

It is called GQ

I love getting mail, e-mail, comments, texts ect. because I feel like someone was thinking of me… Even if it is just my college reminding me to return a book to the library. ( I really do need to remember to return that.)

Specifically I love getting GQ though. It makes me super excited to go the gym that night. My rule is that first I have to get a good, hard run in... and then, I let myself just get on the elliptical while I read the new issue! Kind of a dorky way to do it, I guess, but hey, it's better than just sitting around and reading it, right?

I happened to be out of town on the day that the April issue hit the stands and my mail box. So as I walked thru a book store on my trip and saw this cover of GQ I nearly cried.



Beautiful, funny, smart, talented people have all graced the cover of GQ, and now there is this guy. A joke right? nope! He is really on there.

I know that not all of you back me on this. D. has even said that, “Everyone hated [the movie version of Twilight] but I think its because they are jealous of Edward! ;)”
Let me be clear. I am TOTALLY jealous of Edward. I am REVOLTED by Rob Pattinson.

My beautiful, color schemed, scriptures have been tainted.

7 comments:

  1. I'm not a big fan of the guy either, but then, I'm not a big fan of GQ... Every other cover has a scantily-clad woman on it. (Who wants to see Jennifer Aniston without clothes on?)

    Men's Vogue is better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so so right. They actually might have been able to pull it off with Rob. But they made him nasty gross. I've chosen to ignore the tainted version of Edward and continue on in my fantasy world within the books. :) The best part is in my english class twilight is required reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh, I would love to see Jennifer Aniston without clothes on. Yeah, I'm gay but hell, she is hot.

    And the guy on the cover, whatever his name be, is hideous. I've only seen one good looking picture of him and that was because half his head was pretty much missing.

    GQ is also a pretty lame magazine. Cosmo all the way. Yes, yes, we've already discussed this, but still.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I HATE YOU ALL!! JK

    I would give birth to his children if I could. You're all just jealous because I've been stopped by strangers in public with camera's asking for pictures because I look like Robert. (True story). Since most of you think he's gross, I must be gross also! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pattinson looked his best in Harry Potter IV (in the rugby kit that doubled as a quidditch kit), before the Twilight debacle. And I don't get the stubble thing, to me it just looks lazy and unkempt. And it'd scratch too much, I think. ;-)

    GQ's okay, if it's balanced by Men's Journal and Rugby world!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Edward is crap in any circumstance. Girls overrate him, and quite similarly, so do boys. Honestly I don't get what all the fuss is about, Rob Pattinson is POOP. I can understand the fantasy and total romanticism, but honestly I can't possibly ever bring myself to buy the movie, i can barely stand to watch it! Jasper was my favorite. pahahaha cause he was the creepy weird one.

    ReplyDelete