Monday, June 8, 2009

There's No Place Like Home, Home, or Home.

Drum roll please.
*bum dum rum*
*bum dum rum*
*bum dum rum*


I've been officially moved out of my parents house for a week now!
**TA DA**

Well, in reality I moved out like a month ago. But now it is official!
Now I feel like I have 3 homes though.

The House
My parents say I'm always welcome in their home. Which I believe. To an extent. Warning: yes I know the following is a run-on sentence and an immature rant.
As long as I put on an act and pretend to be someone that I'm not, so that my family can feel comfortable in their little-piece-of-heaven-on-earth, even though my actions would would in no way defile their safe-haven more than my sisters' non-temple weddings already have, but in their eyes its different because MY actions challenge all of the prejudices that they've had and been able to hold on to and never question because, until now, it has never directly effected them, so instead of growing up and stop discriminating against me they would rather ignore it and have me impersonate the son they wish they had. *sigh*

Home
In contrast to my parents house in Queen Creek, Home is directly in the middle of civilization. It sits on that fuzzy line between Phoenix, Scottsdale, and Tempe. This is where I'm the happiest. I've lived here for the past month and still spend most of my time here. Someday I'll officially move in here.

My Place
This is where most of my stuff is for the next two and a half months. I'm subletting this apartment with a super sweet girl, KC, for the summer. I'm literally less then a mile from the heart of ASU campus and the Light-Rail System runs practically past my front door. I love that I have empty space and bare walls for me to make my own. I work in the mornings, and KC works at night. So between our mismatched schedules, and the time I spend at Home, I have a true sense of independence. Its liberating. Even though I'm not really on my own, I feel like this is the experience that was my goal to acquire anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on spreading your wings and flying. And while I understand your frustration with the parents, don't be too hard on them, some things take a while to adjust to. Try to be as charitable with them as you want them to be with you. Someday you'll be in their position with some issue or another!

    ReplyDelete