So yesterday we got to a job about 30 minutes before I had to leave, so I ran inside to get as much work done as I could with the time I had. I was greeted by a girl who was about my age. She was very pretty. Tall and slender, with eyes that are just slightly further apart than the average person....
I spent the whole time I was working debating whether or not she would be good as a runway model.
I left and went to school. She would have never crossed my mind again if it weren't for the story my brother relayed to me this morning...
He told me that yesterday afternoon, when he was invoicing the owner of the house, he asked my brother where "the guy [his] daughter was swooning over" was. He explained that I had classes to get to so I had to leave early. The father went on to tell my brother about how his daughter is a good LDS girl who she keeps dating scum bags and how I seemed like a really decent guy.
My brother just smiled at him and said, "Well, she'll have a really hard time winning him over."
The father got a bit offended, thinking that my brother was calling his daughter inadequate. He wanted to know what was wrong with his daughter.
"Well," my brother searching for the right words says, "I don't usually get to involved in my employee's lives (lie), but he happens to be my little brother and I happen to know that he doesn't find girls NEARLY as interesting as men."
I guess the father's jaw just dropped and said, "Oh." Then after a few seconds he broke into a HUGE smile and said, "Oh MAN! I cannot WAIT to tell her! (cue hysterical laughter) This is going to kill her. "
Point of this story...
HE CLAIMED ME AS HIS GAY BROTHER!!!!
:)
:)


Point One. Congratulations, that's great about your brother! Hooray!!!!
ReplyDeletePoint Two. If you don't post about what happened when this dad told his daughter she'd fallen for the gay guy, I will personally come to Phoenix and whup you. ;-)
That's so heart warming and freaking hilarious all wrapped into one special tender moment!
ReplyDeleteThat is so awesome! I remember the first time my brother said something like that to someone, it made me feel so great.
ReplyDeletecongrats!
Hehe Hilarious! Did she have curly red hair and go by the name "Grace"
ReplyDeleteFantastic story im really happy for you that your brother claimed you as his gay bro, seems he is gotten quite comfortable with it, to cooly discuss it with strangers. Kudos!
That is so funny!
ReplyDeleteCute story!
ReplyDeleteHaha, I love it on many levels.
ReplyDeleteGreat story! Adorable.
ReplyDelete:)
I was reading some of your older posts, and I read the one where you wondered whether it was time to tell your grandmother. Curious if anything's happened on that front …